Once again, sorry for not posting for awhile. So, my apprenticeship is officially over. I haven't been as sad to be done with it as I thought I would, but that is mostly since I have been busy with camp and I am still around Steppenwolf doing wardrobe for The Sunset Limited starring Austin Pendleton). Also, I am doing wardrobe for Spare Change, one of their First Look Rep. shows. I have also already been hired to do some overhire work in the shop. It was only a day of doing returns, but I got paid for it and know that I am definitely on their list of people to call if they need help with projects.
This summer I am designing costumes for the children's theatre camp I have worked with the past 2 summers. Unlike the past 2 years though, I have 2 apprentices working with me and I am also designing the high school camps production of The Secret Garden. The little kids shows are Pippi Longstockings and The Wizard of Oz. It has been keeping just as busy as usual, but it is fun and I already have much more work done then I would have had done if I didn't have people helping me. I originally was going to not do camp again this year, but I am not quite at the point where I can turn down a paying job. And hey, I love the people who work there, The Secret Garden will be a nice addition to my portfolio (it is much more professional level then the little kids camp), and someone has already mentioned something about me designing for one of their mainstage shows in fall (so I may as well stick around so they think of me when they do hire someone for the job).
Really that is pretty much all that is going on right now. This weekend I am going to Minneapolis for my friend Lisa's wedding, which I am really excited about. I am also trying to find time to see some shows that some friends of my are working on, and I am looking forward to going to The Unmentionables opening at Steppenwolf in a few weeks.
I miss you all and hope you are doing well!!!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Once again Cathy posts just as I'm about to email you and threaten to hurt a dog! Glad to hear you're keeping busy and getting work that makes you happy. My mom was just in Chicago seeing Wicked and I thought of you. Hope you have fun in Minneapolis. I checked out the farmer's market when I was there and loved loved LOVED it.
Exactly one year ago we were in London... crazy.
How does Cathy manage to sum up two months worth of her life in two paragraphs and I can barely manage it by blogging industriously once a day for months? Miss ya hon! I hope you're having fun in Shy-Town.
Post a Comment