Sunday, October 29, 2006

Waiting for my social life to return...

I haven't posted in a while since all I have been doing is working with nothing incredibly exciting has been happening. I guess work has been exciting, but I am starting to get really burned out and really need just one day off for myself so I can get things done (i.e. have time to go to the bank, return some overdue library books, clean up the big mess that I have created in my room). Madame X has opened and got some pretty good reviews. We have gotten our first extenstion until Dec. 3rd and are hoping ticket sales get a little better so we can get another extenstion. (If you know anyone who will be near Chicago who wants to see a new musical, tell them to check out Madame X). During the day and on my days off I have been assisting for the show Dandelion Wine for the Chicago Children's Theatre. They start tech next weekend and I absolutely can not wait for the show to open. The director of the play has adapted a play version of the Ray Bradbury novel. Since the director did the adaptation, there are several things that are being created during rehearsals, which makes some things on the costume front difficult because there are things we are on hold until we get more info from rehearsal. In most cases this would not bother me that much, but it kind of eats up all of my days off from Madame X, so I really have not had one day free from working since mid August. As much as I love the work, I am really missing my friends. So basically I am in the process of working on trying to balance my work life and social life a bit better. I know I haven't been the best at keeping in touch with all of you, but I am trying to work on that and I really do miss you all. Anyways, that is just a little rant coming from some of my exhaustion and really missing my friends.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Cathy-
I'm glad that we got to watch the Monday night game together. I think it will be one that people are talking about years from now. I hope that you get some time off soon, you deserve it. Good luck with Dandelion Wine and I hope that Madame X continues to run well. :)

Sarah said...

Miss you too.

Nicki said...

Hey, tell Madame X to hang on in there for another week and I'll go see it. :) I know what you mean about needing a social life--I've been working 10 hour days and it's not even theatre! Wha!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Congrats on all the work you're getting though. I hope to make it out to Chicago again some day. So sad we all seem to be finding our niches away from each other.

Unknown said...

Hey Cathy! Are you still waiting for you social life to return or have you been eaten by a chicago bear?