
So once again I have let way too much time pass since the last time I updated this. Things have been good here. Madame X closed on Dec. 3rd which gave me my night and weekends back again. I was sad to see the show closed, but thankful for the time again. Dandelion Wine opened and closed. It went relatively well. Reviews were ok. It was mostly criticized on it's target audience. Many felt it was over the heads of the kids it was catered to (it was a children's show). I think there were some confusing moments, but I overall I think kids are smart enough understand the story and imagery created. I just recently finished up my string of Assistant Costume Designer jobs with the opening of Execution of Justice--produced by About Face Theatre and directed by Gary Griffin---runs till Feb. 18th. This was a pretty big show (12 actors, many characters). The play is about the assassinations of San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and the 1st openly gay politician, City Supervisor Harvey Milk. Right now I have a bit of a break from my jam packed schedule. I am working on costumes for a murder mystery dinner show for Valentine's day. It is called My Fair Murder and is a spoof of My Fair Lady. I also just started working on designing costumes for the show Mr. Marmalade for Dog and Pony Theatre Co. This is the same theatre company that I designed Osama the Hero for last year. I just went to my first production meeting for it today and I am so excited about the project. The play is about a 4 year old girl (played by an adult) and her imaginary friend and shows the effect of how bad role models really affect the imagination and choices that this girl has to make. (That is such a simple explanation for the play---I will save a more in depth post for later).
Other than this, I am enjoying having a bit more of a social life, my upcoming trip to FL at the end of March, my upcoming wardrobe job for The Diary of Anne Frank at Steppenwolf (starting in April) and of course the excitement of the Chicago Bears playing in the Super Bowl. The city has this incredible vibe of excitement all around which has just swept me up and made me even more in love with the city and the team than I was before. Well that is all I am going to write for now because I don't really want to subject you all to my going on and on about the Bears. (Which because I now mentioned it is all I can think about). GO BEARS!!!
2 comments:
I really wanted to see Mr. Marmalade when it was in NY....it looks like it'd be a great show to work on!
Hey Cathy the Bears are playing in the Superbowl RIGHT NOW as I type this. I should email you soon about coming to Chicago for the weekend before I take off. I should be in town Feb 17th & 18th and I'd really like to see the Execution of Justice. Mr. Harvey Milk has been an interest of mine for a while. If you read the comments on your blog and have a second, send me some details on the show, or if you're too busy I can look them up myself.
Post a Comment